Search for Products, Case Studies or keywords and hit enter to search
Working for Optima offers an exclusive opportunity to develop a career with an internationally recognised partitioning specialist.
We have achieved our market leading position thanks to the skills, talent and dedication of our team members; 33% of whom have been with us for more than 10 years. Being an innovation company, we are continually looking for dedicated, self-motivated people to join us as we strive to deliver the highest quality products and services to some of the world’s leading businesses.
We are proud to provide a non-discriminatory and equal opportunity work environment; one within an open, friendly and supportive culture. In addition to the competitive benefits package that we offer, a variety of training courses are available at all levels, to further encourage you to develop whilst in your role and help you to nurture your skillsets and achieve your own personal goals.
For us, the most significant investment we can make in terms of development and growth is in the next generation. Apprenticeships, graduate programmes, and internships are just a few of the options we offer for those looking to further their education. Looking for your next step? Read our Apprentice & Graduate brochure to find out more about the exciting opportunities we offer.
To apply to any of our roles, please email a copy of your CV along with a covering email to HR@OptimaSystems.com.
To work as an integral part of the product design and manufacturing design teams to provide design
support to ensure departmental objectives are obtained.
Produce 3D models of new and existing products from concept or customer briefs.
Producing and maintaining 2D CAD details, product designs and manufacturing drawings for
internal use and for external designers specifying Optima products.
Producing and maintaining technical / presentation documentation for internal use, external clients
and designers specifying Optima products
Design review – revise and re-issue commented drawings.
Compile bills of materials and production routes from drawings as required to an agreed programme
and manage engineering change requests.
Prepare requests for information, query sheets as required and monitor replies
Monitor own progress against contract programme and report progress on a regular basis.
Check all elements to a project including drawing schedules, general arrangement drawings,
working drawings and fabrication information.
Provide design and technical support for all other departments as required.
Communication & Customer Service:
Ensuring that the highest levels of customer service and communication are provided to all
customers, both internal and external, at all times.
The ability to communicate clearly and fluently, verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this role for a Product Designer, you will need the following skills and
• 3D modelling all aspects using Autodesk Inventor or similar.
• 2D detail drawing using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD or similar.
• The ability to use Microsoft Office and a knowledge of ERP/MRP systems is an advantage.
• Interpret customer specifications and produce robust design solutions.
• Able to work independently without direct supervision.
• Very hands on working fast to tight deadlines on multiple projects.
• Previous experience of working within any of the following industries will be of interest;
General manufacturing, partitioning, interiors, construction.
A broad knowledge of various manufacturing processes is required including metal
fabrication, machined parts, assembly techniques.
• Preferably BTEC ONC / HNC, or NVQ level 3 / 4 qualification in Product Design or Mechanical Design or similar technical discipline.
• To be willing to think through problems and initiate imaginative approaches to solutions.
• The ability to understand and apply commercially sensible financial decisions.
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Trainee Estimator to join us in High Wycombe within our Optima Major Works team.
This role provides a great opportunity to learn the role of a sub-contractor estimator which involves building costs up from first principles, through to a full sales price.
Working alongside our team of experienced Estimators you will undertake the following activities:
In order to be successful, you should have GCSE’s in Mathematics and English at a grade C or above coupled with experience working within the construction / estimating industry.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Candidates should live within 1 hour commuting distance to High Wycombe, Head Office.
You will join on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits, including 25 days holiday, private medical cover*, pension contribution*, access to employee assistance programme with excellent wellbeing benefits, alongside the opportunity to work in a well-established and friendly company.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV along with a covering email to HR@OptimaSystems.com
*subject to qualifying periods.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimating Assistant / Trainee Estimator to join the Estimating Team at Optima Products in Radstock.
The Estimating Assistant / Trainee Estimator will support the OPL Technical Estimator and OPL Estimating Manager preparing estimates for Optima Products customers and will assist with preparing estimates for Optima standard & bespoke systems, fire rated and AMR products.
• Maintain and update OSCA records for RFQ’s and enquiries.
• To prepare material take-offs from client’s bill of quantities, drawings, and specifications by liaising directly with customers, external suppliers, and internal team members to provide detailed estimates.
• To prepare and issue pricing enquiries to external suppliers / subcontractors as required.
• To assist in the maintaining of estimating software / pricelists and OPL pricing documentation.
• Ensure accurate responses to all customer enquiries to agree time frames.
• To highlight circumstances commercially and contractually that may expose the company to undue risk.
• To form and maintain relationships with suitable sub-contract/supplier contacts.
• To review and record any feedback from clients on project estimates and implement continuous improvement technique where necessary.
• Use Epicor Software to check materials prices against supplier quotes and highlight increases where appropriate.
• Use Excel and Causeway (or other OPL approved software) to prepare pricing.
• To liaise with the OPL Design & Engineering team on bespoke enquiries
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Training will be provided in all areas, but prior experience in using Excel would be advantageous.
The role is 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 08.30-17.00 and will be based at the Radstock office.
For more information or to apply for the position, please send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are applying for the role to Tabitha Cutland in the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the above is a summary of the position, for a full copy of the job description please contact the HR department.